Monday, November 21, 2011

Autobiograpchical Narrative

Isiah V.
October 27, 2011
English 9- Period 4 Autobiographical Narrative

Title

This happened all around 7th grade when i was 12 years old. My family got sarbed because I wasn't going to school. When I was in seventh grade, I would pretend to go to school. Instead of walking to the school, I would walk to my friend’s house.

From there, we would go to an abandoned area that had a roof and four walls and a little hole as the door. It was an empty little shanty with many steps. I chose to go skate and kick it with the homies. I would skip school very often without my mom knowing I was even going to school because she was busy working full time to support me and my brother. So we can have a stable environment to live in

A few months later, I got home from skating with my friends and I was still ditching school. As walked in the door, I could see my mom. She was furious. In a yelling voice she lectured me. She was mad at me. She had received a letter in the mail with records of my absences and tardies. She looked at me and said “What The F**k is this why have you been missing so many days of school. As I looked at her just staring I said the truth scared what she was going to say say next and she appreciated it and said if I ever left again i would be grounded for a really long time.

About a month later, we had to go to Montecito High School to a meeting regarding my truancies. In that meeting me and my mom had to sit in a table with a bunch of random people. They asked questions concerning why I wasn't going to school they were blaming my mom. So then I was like no I was ditching school on my own. Then I was like she always woke me up on time to go to school but I just didn't do what I was suppose to do. So after the meeting was done and all over with they gave me and my mom so guidelines saying that had to attend school and they gave me a certain amount of days I could miss. If I had missed more day’s then I should have I would have to go back on a Sarb. So as soon as I went home my mom told me “your bright and I know you can do better your just making dumb mistakes”.

Now I am looking back and I felt bad because it made my mom look bad as a parent. So to be honest my mom is a good parent and she didn't deserve to get what I gave her. So after the meeting I apologized for my actions. Then I was starting to go to school. Over time she was getting proud of me and she said “Even though what you did was wrong I am proud of you for turning yourself around and I love you”.

No comments:

Post a Comment